Are you interested in ensuring the views of our membership are heard? Would you like to get involved in the governance and strategic direction of the Institute? If so, then your Institute needs you.
Following the award of a supplementary Royal Charter in 2018, the Institute established a new Membership Forum, responsible for representing our growing membership and ensuring that members’ views are appropriately reflected in the strategy and activities of the Institute.
The Membership Forum’s principal tasks include:
- Advising the Board of Trustees on:
- the Institute’s strategic and annual business plans;
- matters of concern and interest to the Institute’s membership;
- the needs of members;
- Promoting the Institute, and the benefits of membership, within the banking industry;
- Assisting in the recruitment and retention of members;
- Advising on and supporting activities and measures to enhance member engagement;
- Promoting the geographic expansion of the Institute.
We are currently recruiting a number of new members to join the Forum. We are seeking representation from all member grades on a UK and international basis, from all stages of their careers and we are keen for the broad diversity of the Institute to be reflected in the Membership Forum.
Members of the Forum will be expected to demonstrate:
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of the Institute;
- The highest standards of integrity, ethics and professionalism;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Good knowledge of professional training and development issues, particularly banking education issues.
Members of the Forum will be appointed by the Nominations Committee for a three-year term, which may be renewed.
The Forum usually meets formally twice per year, either in person (Edinburgh or London) or, more recently, by video conference. There are additional opportunities to participate between meetings, for example, through surveys, discussion groups and ad hoc meetings.
All members will be expected to attend both formal meetings, either in person or by video conference as appropriate. The position is not remunerated, although expenses will be paid for reasonable travel within the UK.
Additional information can be found in the Membership Forum’s terms of reference and the skills matrix. If you have any further questions about the Membership Forum, please contact Martin Fishman, Head of Membership Experience and Strategy [email protected]
If you are interested in joining the Membership Forum, please complete the application form and submit this to [email protected]. The closing date for applications is 5 September 2021.
- Membership Forum Application Form
- Terms of Reference (Membership Forum)
- Membership Forum Skills Matrix
- Membership Forum - Full Advert July 2021