Supporting Banks and Training Providers
Apprenticeships in the UK offer a great opportunity for both employers and individuals by offering a combination of work experience and structured learning.
The Chartered Banker Institute has been closely involved with the development of current apprenticeships and has a proud heritage of assuring professional and educational standards for more than 140 years. It is uniquely positioned to work alongside banks and training providers as a qualification provider. The Institute offers:
- Qualifications that are integral elements of a range of banking and finance apprenticeships
- Advice and guidance for banking organisations that are developing an apprenticeship provision.
Retail & Business Banking Professional Qualifications Aligned to Apprenticeship Programmes
Many apprenticeships include a professional qualification as part of the requirements for completion of the overall apprenticeship. As a professional qualification provider, the Institute has a number of its qualifications approved for use within appropriate banking / financial services apprenticeships.
- Level 3 Senior Financial Services Customer Adviser - Professional Banker Certificate, Professional Banker Diploma, Certificate in Complaint Handling
- Level 6 Financial Services Professional – Associate Chartered Banker Diploma, Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age
- Level 6 Senior Compliance / Risk Specialist - Certificate in Climate Risk
- Level 7 Senior Investment / Commercial Banking Professional - Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a Digital Age
Support for Employers
The Institute is uniquely positioned to help employers develop their apprenticeship strategy. We take an open consultative approach which includes:
- Helping employers identify which standard(s) and training providers are most appropriate to support development needs
- Existing working relationships with major training providers
- Working with employers and training providers to develop innovative and flexible learning support
- Developing value-added activities to help integrate qualification learning with work experience
- Aligning apprenticeship schemes with professional standards and providing clear development pathways and continuing professional development.
For further information on how Apprenticeships can work in your organisation, please contact Mark Roberts, Head of Educational Partnerships [email protected]